Definition of noncrime
: something that is not a crime : an activity or type of behavior that is not criminal There is, of course, crime in Oakland, but there's also lots of noncrime, lots of citizens taking walks and smiling at each other in grocery stores and, oh yes, paying taxes.— Jon Carroll —often used before another noun The city has an ordinance that imposes fines on property owners after three noncrime alarms during a 12-month period.— Cornelius Frolik
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game