Definition of noncontact
: not involving contact: such as
a : not relating to or normally involving body contact between players a noncontact sport/injury
b : not requiring or involving contact with the body a noncontact thermometer noncontact imaging/sensors
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?