Definition of nonconsuming
: not consuming something studied attitudes toward alcohol in a nonconsuming population especially : not being a consumer of a particular good or service … thought they saw a growth opportunity in the significant proportion of American households that did not yet own a computer. … We suspect that there just werenʼt any jobs needing to get done in those nonconsuming households … — Clayton Christensen et al.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Words We're Watching: 'Samesies'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game