Definition of noncentral
: not central: such as
a : not containing or constituting a center To read through the bifocal portion, the wearer must lower the eyes and use a noncentral portion of the lens.— Clifford W. Brooks and Irvin Borish
b : not situated at, in, or near a center … green cabs, which service outer boroughs and noncentral parts of Manhattan …— Alison Griswold Activists complained at the forum that the meeting was deliberately held in a noncentral location …— Wren Abbott
c : not of primary importance noncentral issues
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?