Definition of nonatomic
: not atomic: such as
a : not relating to, concerned with, or composed of atoms Gerald Cleaver, professor and graduate program director in Baylorʼs department of physics, will present "Life on the Landscape," which will consider the place of the Earthʼs universe and the possibility of nonatomic-based (intelligent) life forms outside of it. — The Waco (Texas) Tribune-Herald
b : not relating to, being, or involving atomic weapons nonatomic bombs/weapons a nonatomic war
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?