ni·va·tion | \ nīˈvāshən\
Definition of nivation
: erosion of rock or soil caused by the alternate thawing and freezing of meltwater beneath and at the margins of snowbanks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game