Definition of ninety-fourth
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : being number 94 in a countable series the ninety-fourth day — see Table of Numbers
2 : being one of 94 equal parts into which something is divisible a ninety-fourth share of the money
Definition of ninety-fourth (Entry 2 of 2)
1 : number 94 in a countable series
2 : the quotient of a unit divided by 94 : one of 94 equal parts of something
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game