Definition of multiflash
: using or produced with the use of more than one flash (see flash entry 2 sense 6f) either at the same time or in rapid succession Multiflash pictures that freeze successive steps of high-speed motion will be used this fall to demonstrate mechanical movements and teach fundamental laws of physics to first-year engineering students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass. — Popular Science
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game