Definition of multifilament
: a string, thread, etc. composed of multiple filaments (as of nylon) that are usually bonded or twisted together A number of [tennis] players, like yourself, prefer … multifilaments to monofilaments … in part because multifilaments are much more pliant and yield a softer feel on impact.— Justin diFeliciantonio He also said Minnesota uses a white-tinged multifilament netting material that could be more visible to walleyes than monofilament nets used by fisheries manager on other big walleye lakes.— Tony Kennedy — compare monofilament
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?