Definition of multifactorial
- The essence of multifactorial (polygenic) inheritance is that a single component of the phenotype (a single character) can be controlled by several independent gene loci.
- —Ernst Mayr
- Breast cancer is what scientists call "multifactorial" in that a variety of genetic, environmental and lifestyle factors are thought to play a role.
- —Francesca Lyman
- a multifactorial approach
- multifactor authentication
- Ligament damage, particularly in a throwing arm, is a complex, multifactorial process.
- —Matt McCarthy