Definition of mobilize
- mobilize financial assets
- The body mobilizes its antibodies.
- mobilize all reserve forces for overseas duty
- mobilize support for a proposal
- The army can mobilize quickly for a major war.
They couldn't mobilize enough support to pass the new law.
Several groups have mobilized to oppose the proposed new law.
They have the ability to mobilize quickly.
The government had to mobilize the army quickly.
More than 10,000 troops were mobilized for war.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'mobilize.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
What made you want to look up mobilize? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).
to lessen the seriousness or strength of
Get Word of the Day daily email!