Definition of misrender
: to render (something) incorrectly I knew I was an unskilled writer and feared lest a slip of the pen damage one of these people, the congregation, or misrender the truth entrusted to me.— David C. Fisher Greyfriars is haunted by the restless souls of hundreds of Covenanters and their famous nemesis, Bluidy Mackenzie (misrendered here as Bloody McKenzie, tut tut).— Tom Kyle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game