Definition of misremember
1 : to remember incorrectly When people report on complex social or political situations, they may misremember many of the specifics … yet can accurately describe the basic situation that took place.— Rita L. Atkinson et al. Perhaps I misremember. But I think not.— Anne F. Thurston
2 chiefly dialectal : to be unable to remember : forget … I misremember what I came here for.— Rudyard Kipling
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game