mero·my·ar·i·an | \ ¦merōˌmī¦a(a)rēən\
variants: or less commonly meromyarial \ -ēəl \
Definition of meromyarian
: having few cells in each quadrant of a cross section —used of the arrangement of muscle cells in a nematode worm
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game