mellow outphrasal verb
Definition of mellow out
: to become relaxed and calm She mellowed out as she grew older. : to calm down You're getting all upset over nothing. You need to mellow out.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game