mel·lite | \ ˈmeˌlīt\
Definition of mellite
1 : a honey-colored mineral Al2C12O12.18H2O that is a hydrous aluminum mellitate found in brown coal and is in part a product of vegetable decomposition
2 [ International Scientific Vocabulary mell- + -ite ] : a medicinal preparation containing honey
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game