Definition of make like
1 : to pretend to be (someone or something) He made like a rooster and strutted across the stage.
2 : to act in a way that does not show one's true feelings He made like he didn't care.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game