make a pass atidiom
Definition of make a pass at
: to do or say something that clearly shows one wants to begin a romantic or sexual relationship with (someone) He made a pass at his wife's friend.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game