lu·nar·i·an | \ lüˈna(a)rēən\
Definition of lunarian
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : a supposed inhabitant of the moon
2 : an authority on lunar astronomy
3 Lunarian : one that has a well-developed Mount of the Moon bulging outward toward the center of the palm and that is usually held by palmists to be characterized by imagination, desire for travel, and idealism the Lunarian is not often seen in pure development— W. G. Benham †1944
Definition of lunarian (Entry 2 of 2)
: of, relating to, or existing on the moon
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?