loosen someone's tongueidiom
Definition of loosen someone's tongue
: to cause someone to talk more freely : to cause someone to say things that would not usually be said Drinking alcohol can loosen your tongue.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game