looks can be deceiving/deceptiveidiom
Definition of looks can be deceiving/deceptive
—used to say that something can be very different from how it seems or appears to be The restaurant doesn't look very appealing, but looks can be deceiving/deceptive.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- The Exceptions Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game