look roundphrasal verb
looked round; looking round; looks round
Definition of look round
1 : to go through a place in order to see what is there : to explore a place The kids looked round the shops while we unpacked.
2 : to search (for something) I looked round for my keys but I couldn't find them anywhere. He is looking round for a new car.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game