variants: or long-wooled \ ˈ⸗¦⸗ \
Definition of long-wool
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to a class of domestic sheep that have long but coarse wool Leicester, Cotswold, and Lincoln are breeds of long-wool sheep
Definition of longwool (Entry 2 of 2)
: a long-wool sheep
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
- Is 'Cement' 'Concrete'?
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game