Definition of locate
- The company will locate north of the city.
- locate the lines of the property.
- located the clock in the exact center of the mantel
- Try to locate the source of the sound.
- locating the reigns of the pastoral kings
We tried to locate the border of the property.
Can you locate your town on the map?
The missing boy was located by police in the woods.
The mechanic is still trying to locate the source of the problem.
Reporters have been unable to locate the mayor for his comments.
The company chose to locate its factory near the airport.
The company located near the airport.
His parents located in Ohio.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'locate.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
First Known Use: 1513See Words from the same year
What made you want to look up locate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).