live and learnidiom
Definition of live and learn
—used to say that one has learned something from an experience that is surprising and usually unpleasant I thought I could trust him, but I couldn't. Oh well, live and learn.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- April 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game