let (oneself) in foridiom
Definition of let (oneself) in for
: to cause (oneself) to have or experience (something bad or unpleasant) She's letting herself in for a lot of trouble/criticism. When I agreed to help, I didn't know what I was letting myself in for.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?