let oneself goidiom
Definition of let oneself go
1 : to behave in a very free and open way She has a hard time relaxing and letting herself go.
2 : to fail to take care of oneself I was very depressed back then and had really let myself go.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game