let oneself goidiom
Definition of let oneself go
1 : to behave in a very free and open way She has a hard time relaxing and letting herself go.
2 : to fail to take care of oneself I was very depressed back then and had really let myself go.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game