Definition of legitimately
- money earned legitimately [=legally]
- a question that can be legimately asked
- … objects of ritual significance that were common tribal property seldom if ever could have come legitimately into nontribal hands.
- —Robert McC. Adams
- The other kind of steroids are the potent inflammation fighters widely and legitimately used to treat dozens of illnesses.
- —Paul G. Donohue
- … several objections to their book can legitimately be raised.
- —Christopher Lehmann-Haupt