leave outphrasal verb
Definition of leave out
: to not include or mention (someone or something) The movie leaves a lot out of the story. Did everyone get a piece of cake? I don't want to leave anyone out. They always leave her out of the conversation.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game