leave outphrasal verb
left out; leaving out; leaves out
Definition of leave out
: to not include or mention (someone or something) The movie leaves a lot out of the story. Did everyone get a piece of cake? I don't want to leave anyone out. They always leave her out of the conversation.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game