leap out atphrasal verb
Definition of leap out at
1 : to suddenly come at (someone) from a hiding place The man leaped out at her from behind a shrub.
2 : to immediately get the attention of (someone) The picture on the magazine's cover leaps out at you.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game