Definition of lactation
- … there may be overproduction of prolactin, the breast milk hormone. A sign of that might be abnormal lactation.
- —Paul G. Donohue
- When a doe kids and begins lactation, she must draw on the calcium stored in her bones to furnish enough blood calcium for milk production.
- —David B. Weems
- … lactation rooms where mothers can express milk for baby.
- —Shawn Tully
- … the infants of mothers given the names of lactation support groups or individuals instead are more likely to be fully breast-feeding at four months.
- —Barbara Quick
- …cows fed 1.1 percent bicarb in the total ration produced an average 17,587 lbs. of milk per lactation …
- —Eastern Milk Producer
lactationalplay \lak-ˈtā-shnəl, -shə-nᵊl\ adjective
- lactational mastitis