Definition of knock-on effect
: something (such as a process, action, or event) that causes other things to happen The drought is likely to have a knock-on effect throughout the whole economy.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game