Definition of key seat
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a bed or groove in a mechanical part to receive a key
Definition of keyseat (Entry 2 of 2)
: to supply (as a mechanical part) with a key seat a keyseated shaft
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game