plural kenong or kenongs
Definition of kenong
: a Southeast Asian gong chime of definite pitch in which each individual gong is set with its open side down on ropes within a square boxlike resonator In slow music it is often the practice to delay both the kenong and gong strokes until slightly after the beat.— Neil Sorrell, A Guide to the Gamelan, 1990
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game