Definition of keep track
: to be aware of how something is changing, what someone is doing, etc. There's so much going on that it's hard to keep track. —usually + of Keep track of your little brother for me, will you?It's her job to keep track of how the money is spent.I watch the news to keep track of current events.
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?