keep out ofidiom
Definition of keep out of
1 : to not enter (a place) We were told to keep out of his office. Please keep out of the way.
2 : to stop or prevent (someone or something) from entering (a place) Keep the cat out of the bedroom.
3 : to not become involved in (something) This argument doesn't involve you, so you should just keep out of it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game