join the clubidiom
variants: or less commonly welcome to the club
Definition of join the club
—said to indicate that the problems or feelings someone is having are problems or feelings that the speaker has had If you don't understand the rules, join the club: no one else does either! —often used to suggest that a person's problems or feelings are not unusual and do not deserve much sympathy So you think you deserve to be paid more money for your work? Well, join the club.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game