Definition of isoeugenol
: an aromatic liquid phenol CH3CH=CHC6H3(OCH3)OH found especially in ilang-ilang oil and nutmeg oil, obtained also from eugenol by isomerization with alkali, and used chiefly in perfumes and in the synthesis of vanillin; 4-propenyl-guaiacol
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?