Examples of insight in a Sentence
- … I had a big insight and a little insight about the book. —Rust Hills, Esquire, April 1973
- … realizing this gave me no insight into how to correct it. —Bartley McSwine, Change, May–June 1971
- … might well offer fresh insights as to the character and extent of the social adaptation involved. —George C. Barker, ETC, Summer 1945
He is a leader of great insight.
The author analyzes the problem with remarkable insight.
I had a sudden insight.
Her book provides us with fresh new insights into this behavior.
Recent Examples of insight from the Web
Being Bobby Brown Buried deep in the Bravo archives, the 2005 show followed the couple for a few months and gave us some hilarious insight into their lives.
See it, below: The team at Enjet Media gave us a little more insight into the couple's video.
FOX News producer Nicole Collins was in the courtroom and gives insight.
How has being an astronaut given you insight into this issue?
Be here for this exclusive panel that will give you insight into how the world of DC is entertaining fans across all platforms.
Some close to the White House expect Mr. Shine to serve as an extension of Mr. Hannity, giving him additional insight into the administration.
Casual conversation about the activity can flow naturally into other topics, giving you insight into what your son is thinking or feeling.
The 15 minutes that were open to the press included rondos and passing exercises which gave little insight on Spain's tactical setup.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'insight.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of insight
- the discernment to know true friends
- the discrimination that develops through listening to a lot of great music
- a novelist of keen perception into human motives
- lacks the penetration to see the scorn beneath their friendly smiles
- a documentary providing insight into the plight of the homeless
- a director of reliable box-office acumen
INSIGHT Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of insight for English Language Learners
: the ability to understand people and situations in a very clear way
: an understanding of the true nature of something
INSIGHT Defined for Kids
medical Definition of insight
Learn More about insight
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up insight? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).