in·dienne | \ ¦andē¦en\
Definition of indienne
(Entry 1 of 2)
: a light cotton fabric with designs painted or printed in imitation of designs used originally in subcontinental India
indienneadjective, often capitalized
Definition of indienne (Entry 2 of 2)
: seasoned (as with curry) in East Indian style rice indienne
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?