in the vicinity ofidiom
Definition of in the vicinity of
1 : in the area that is close to (a place) He lives in the general/immediate vicinity of the school.
2 : close to or around (an amount) His yearly salary is in the vicinity of one million dollars.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game