in the shape ofidiom
Definition of in the shape of
1 : shaped like a cookie in the shape of a heart
2 —used to indicate the type of thing that is being described, thought of, etc. They offered help in the shape of a loan.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game