in the moneyidiom
Definition of in the money
1 US : among the top three finishers in a race (such as a horse race) Whatever horse I bet on, it never finishes in the money.
2 informal : having lots of money They struggled for many years but now they're in the money.
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game