in point of factidiom
Definition of in point of fact
—used to introduce a true statement which shows that another statement is not true or accurate She says that she doesn't know him, but in point of fact they have been seen together many times.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game