Definition of in flower
: producing flowers : blooming The bushes should be in flower soon. These plants are very fragrant when they are in (full) flower. —sometimes used figuratively She entered the movement after it was in full flower.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game