Definition of in disguise
1 : wearing a disguise I've heard that she sometimes travels around the country in disguise.
2 : made to look like something else : presented as another thing He says that the new fee is really just a tax increase in disguise.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game