Definition of implementation
: an act or instance of implementing something : the process of making something active or effective implementation of a new policy/law The Vatican returned the revised text to the bishops for implementation.— Rita Ferrone That standard, which defines how much ozone is unhealthy, was set in 1997, but its implementation was delayed by legal challenges.— Cheryl Hogue
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game