hy·per·complex | \ ¦hīpə(r)+\
Definition of hypercomplex
: of, relating to, or being a general form of number that can be expressed as a vector of n dimensions in the form x1e1 + x2e2 + … + xnen where the coefficients x1, x2, … xn range over a given number field and e1 = (e, 0, 0, … 0), e2 = (0, e, 0, … 0), … en = (0, 0, … e) where e is the multiplicative identity of the field hypercomplex variable
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game