hy·per·complex | \ ¦hīpə(r)+\
Definition of hypercomplex
: of, relating to, or being a general form of number that can be expressed as a vector of n dimensions in the form x1e1 + x2e2 + … + xnen where the coefficients x1, x2, … xn range over a given number field and e1 = (e, 0, 0, … 0), e2 = (0, e, 0, … 0), … en = (0, 0, … e) where e is the multiplicative identity of the field hypercomplex variable
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game