variants: or hyper-cautious
Definition of hypercautious
: extremely or excessively cautious With all the polls closed and most of the results in, it's down to Florida. … Having been burned once by prematurely calling the state, the networks are now hypercautious.— Michelle Cottle In theory, at least, a hypercautious individual should be able to avoid almost all illness by not doing certain things.— George M. Foster
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game