hy·dro·spire | \ "+ˌ-\
Definition of hydrospire
: a flattened calcareous pouch or tube on either side of the middle line of the inner surface of the ambulacra of a blastoid, located within the cavity of the calyx, opening on the exterior by a small aperture, and presumed to form part of the respiratory system
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game